|Alliance Circle Partners|
Connect with NAGAP on Facebook
Check out NAGAP on YouTube
NAGAP Executive Office:
P.O. Box 14605
Lenexa, KS 66285-4605
NAGAP is an association of about 2,000 individuals and is the only professional organization devoted exclusively to the concerns of individuals working in the graduate admissions and recruitment environment. NAGAP is committed to serving the needs and interests of graduate admissions professionals. For more information, visit: www.NAGAP.org.
Descriptions of Awards and Criteria for Nomination
Future Leader Award
- Please describe why you believe this individual is a future leader within NAGAP and the graduate enrollment management (GEM) profession. Please identify particular leadership qualities that the individual has exhibited and, if possible, cite specific examples when they were demonstrated. Nominees must be graduate enrollment management professionals and have been NAGAP members for five years or fewer.
- In addition to the award, the winner of the Future Leader Award will receive a registration to a Professional Development Institute of his or her preference, two nights hotel for attendance at the Professional Development Institute, and a check for $500.
Building Bridges Award
- Please provide a description that highlights how this individual has helped to build bridges of dialogue, communication and exchange within the graduate enrollment management (GEM) community and/or NAGAP. What was the initiative, and what was its outcome? How did it help to enhance connections among NAGAP members and across the graduate enrollment management profession? How might the initiative be expanded to have greater impact within GEM and/or NAGAP?
- In addition to the award, the winner of the Building Bridges Award will receive a check for $1,000.
Promotion of Excellence Award
- This award is in recognition of new or existing methodology. Topics change each year based on current events; example of recent past topics include: Defining Value Beyond the Classroom: Unifying the Academic and Extracurricular Experience; Best Use of Social Media; Branding a Graduate School or Program; Best Admitted Student Event; Promotion of a New Graduate Level Program; and Winning Strategies for Effective Web Design. The winning entry will most clearly demonstrate best practices for other graduate enrollment management (GEM) professionals.
- The topic for submissions for 2013 is: "Advancement of Graduate Enrollment Management Through Strategic Interdepartmental Collaboration." Submissions should demonstrate how interdepartmental collaboration further supported or enhanced the institution's graduate enrollment management (GEM) functions. Initiatives can range from organizational restructuring to collaborations that are more project-based. The end result, however, should demonstrate how the collaboration improved the processes of recruitment, admission, enrollment and/or retention of graduate students at your institution, or the academic and/or support services provided to this population.
- In addition to the award, the recipient(s) will receive a certificate for $500 to use toward dinner for the winning team members celebration. Also, the team leader will be invited to present and discuss the winning entry in a session at the 2014 Annual Conference. Conference registration and hotel will be waived by the NAGAP Board.
NAGAP Visionary Award
- The Visionary Award was instituted in 2008. The award is presented to an individual in the higher education community who has demonstrated unique and innovative vision in the graduate enrollment management (GEM) profession, the field of higher education, and/or in NAGAP. The individual should personify outside of the box thinking and be someone who has led bold, cutting-edge, and successful initiatives that have benefited the GEM community. Please provide a brief description highlighting the particular vision that the indivual has demonstrated or continues to demonstrate. Nominees are not required to be members of NAGAP.
- In addition to the award, the winner will receive a check for $1,000.
Distinguished Service Award
- This is the most prestigious award for NAGAP. Please provide a brief description that highlights how this individual has contributed significantly to graduate enrollment management (GEM) and to NAGAP. In your description, please make specific reference to his or her service within GEM and to NAGAP. In your description, please make specific reference to his or her service within GEM and the NAGAP organization.
- In addition to the award, the winner of the Distinguished Service Award will receive a lifetime membership to NAGAP. The Distinguished Service Award Recipient will receive a check for $1,000.
Enrollment Management Research Grant for Graduate Students
The Enrollment Management Research Grant for Graduate Students is designed to encourage emerging knowledge and understanding of the complexities of graduate enrollment management including all aspects of admissions and recruitment, enrollment, retention, and graduation in higher education. Visit the Research website page for more information.