Summer Institute for New Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals
- Pacific Time
For 21 years, NAGAP has been educating graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals through its series of Professional Development Institutes. Summer Institute specifically focuses on the needs of those who have been working in the field, or in their current positions, for less than three years. Additionally, professionals with more experience in undergraduate, graduate, faculty, or related higher education environments, have also found this conference to be useful and appropriate.
Scheduled session topics include:
• Welcome to Graduate Enrollment Management
• Legal Issues in Graduate Enrollment Management
• Data-Informed Decision Making
• International Student Recruitment
• An Introduction to GEM Marketing
• Student Services in a GEM Model
• Insights from select data points and their implications on U.S. graduate education
• Developing effective recruitment and retention strategies for underrepresented minority students
Plenary: What is your drink? What Starbucks can teach you about recruiting and working with graduate students.
When and Where:
The 2016 Summer Institute for New Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals will be held on Thursday, July 14 and Friday, July 15, 2016 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Nevada. The sessions are expected to begin at 8:30 a.m. on Thursday and conclude by 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
Who Should Attend:
The Summer Institute focuses on introductory topics and is designed primarily for graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals with three years of experience or less. It is offered in a setting that promotes discussion, interaction and networking among all of the participants.
Registration is closed.
Regular Registration (by June 30)
Cancellations received in writing prior to June 24, 2016 will be eligible for 100% refund minus a $50 processing fee. Refunds will be issued in the same manner as the payment was received approximately (30) days after the conclusion of the meeting. If a registrant cancels after the deadline or fails to attend the Summer Institute and payment is not received, the registrant’s school will be billed and held responsible for full payment.
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Summer Institute fellowship. Fellowships are a great way to stretch professional development dollars.
• What it Covers: Two fellowships are available for NAGAP members. Each fellowship covers the registration fee, hotel accommodations for two nights (Wednesday, July 13 and Thursday, July 14) and air travel (up of $500).
• How to Apply: To apply for a fellowship, provide your contact information and a 250-500 word essay via this link. Fellowship applications must be submitted by Friday, May 20, 2016.
• What to Include: The essay should include your assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management and how it pertains to your institution and to you as a new professional. Also state how you think the Summer Institute would assist you in your professional development.
• Recipients Responsibility: Fellowship recipients must agree to submit an essay about their experiences at the Summer Institute. Their essays will later appear in an issue of NAGAP’s Perspectives.
Please contact Kathryn Kendall, Assistant Dean for Admissions and Recruitment, State University of New York at Buffalo, at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
For questions or more information, contact:
Keith Ramsdell – Attendee Liaison
Director of Graduate Enrollment and Assistant Dean
Bowling Green State University
kramsde at bgsu.edu
NAGAP Data Administrator
(913) 895-4616 x 4787 phone
(913) 895-4652 fax
shime at kellencompany.com