Advanced Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals
NAGAP has been educating graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals through its series of Professional Development Institutes for over 20 years. Over an intensive two days, attendees will discuss graduate enrollment management opportunities and challenges faced by senior-level administrators who typically have five or more years of experience.
Session topics for 2019 may include:
- Higher Education Trends in Graduate Admissions Professionals Need to Know
- CRM: You've Got It. Now What?
- International Recruitment Trends
- Communicating across Cultures: The Importance of Effective Intercultural Communication
- A Tutorial for Graduate Enrollment Professionals on Avoiding Legal and Ethical Problems
- Data-Driven Decisions: How to Make Your Marketing Measurable and Meaningful in the Digital World
2019 Program Agenda Coming Soon!
When and Where:
The Winter Institute for Advanced Graduate Enrollment Management Professionals will be held on Thursday, January 17 and Friday, January 18, 2019 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The sessions are expected to begin at 8:30 am on Thursday and conclude by 3:00 pm on Friday.
Who Should Attend:
The Winter Institute focuses on advanced topics and is specifically designed for graduate admissions and enrollment management professionals with five or more years of experience.
It is offered in a setting that promotes discussion and interaction among all participants. Enrollment is limited; therefore, early registration is strongly encouraged.
Fees range from $650 (early-bird members) to $975 (regular non-members). These fees are an estimate to help you budget and are subject to change. Member and non-member rates are available; non-member rates include membership for the year.
Watch for registration to open in November.
The registration fee includes:
- Attendee registration
- All session materials
- Continental breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday
- Reception on Thursday evening
To keep costs down and to provide participants with free evenings, dinners are on your own.
How to register:
Registration will be available online - watch your email for more details this Fall!
Confirmations will be e-mailed to registrants within one week of receipt of registration.
Cancellations received in writing prior to the cancelation date will be eligible for 100% refund minus a $100 processing fee. If a registrant cancels after the deadline or fails to attend the Winter Institute and payment is not received, the registrant’s school will be billed and held responsible for full payment.
NAGAP encourages its members to apply for a Winter Institute fellowship. Fellowships are a great way to stretch professional development dollars.
One fellowship is available for NAGAP members.
- What it Covers: The fellowship covers the registration fee, hotel accommodations for two nights (Wednesday and Thursday) and air travel (up to $500).
- How to Apply: You will be asked to provide your contact information and a 250-500 word essay. The Fellowship application process will open later this year.
- What to Include: The essay should include your assessment of the state of graduate enrollment management and how it pertains to your institution and to you as a new professional. Also state how you think the Winter Institute would assist you in your professional development.
- Recipients' Responsibility: Fellowship recipients must agree to submit an essay about their experiences at the Winter Institute. Their essays will later appear in an issue of NAGAP's Perspectives.
Please contact Kathryn Kendall, Sr. Assistant Dean for Enrollment and Online Programs, State University of New York at Buffalo, at email@example.com, if you have any questions.
For questions or more information, contact:
Ariana Balayan – Attendee Liaison
Associate Director of Graduate Admission
abalayan at suffolk.edu