NAGAP is a member-driven association, and there are many ways to get involved! Here is a sampling of ideas:
- Present at the annual conference
- Volunteer to be a recorder or a moderator at the annual conference
- Answer the call to serve on a NAGAP committee
- Volunteer to assist with ad hoc projects or research
- Write an article or a book review for Perspectives newsmagazine or e-news
- Assist with a regional reception or event
- Become involved with a regional chapter NAGAP or special interest group
For more information about volunteer opportunties, or to talk to someone about ways to become more involved with NAGAP, you can email a member of the Leadership Cultivation & Elections Committee.
Interested in joining a NAGAP committee?
When there is a NAGAP committee opening, Committee Chairs will put out a call for participation. Occasionally, committee chairs reserve the right to invite members who may possess a skill or subject matter expertise that the chair seeks for the composition of the committee (e.g. research, publication, marketing skills). Committee positions are two-year terms are generally filled in April - June every other year when the Board transitions, with the exception of the Conference Committee, which may select members each year.
Openings on NAGAP committees may be advertised in one or more of the following ways:
- NAGAP Website
- E-blast to membership
- Chapter notifications
- Word-of-mouth/professional networking channels
Committee members are required to be:
- A current NAGAP member
- Active in the GEM profession for a suggested minimum of two years
- Committees seek members with at least two years experience to ensure the committee member(s) might better understand the scope and climate of the GEM environment. Selection of committee members with fewer than two years of experience in GEM is at the discretion of the committee chair.
In accordance with the NAGAP Diversity Statement, NAGAP encourages diversity in its committees. NAGAP Diversity statement
How to Apply for a Committee Position
Watch for more directions coming soon. Interested NAGAP members will be asked to submit the following materials via our Online Submission site in early Spring in order to be considered for a committee position:
- Member Assessment/Profile
- You will be asked to complete a short assessment/profile upon your submission. The Leadership Cultivation & Elections committee will be using this, along with other tools, assess the composition of the current board & volunteers (skills, demographics) in order to guide their planning and work to cultivate future leaders and create meaningful pathways to engagement for members.
- Letter of Intent
- Other relevant materials as determined by the Committee Chair
- It is at the discretion of the committee chair to decide if an interview/phone conversation will be required as part of the application review process.
Opportunities to Volunteer
Check out the listings below to learn more about the committees, organizational activities, and other projects to which you may volunteer your time.
We are currently seeking the following positions.